permitted development

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
during last xmas i was short of a bit of work so decided to play about with my basement.
all is good it looks nice. finally after 10 months i got busy again late jan so only been doing a bit here and there
iv done no structural work whatsoever only improved what was there ie damp proof re skim throughout new bathroom and replaced the old utility room with a 2nd hand kitchen i got off a job.
now my lovely neighbour who has a flat in his basement next door who rents it out has complained to planning and building control!!
my basement is not a flat, annex or anything else it is solely used by me and the kids
after a lengthy chat with the local chopper from planning he has decided the other way and im now facing a legal **** storm building control are happy that all works are done above standard has anyone had any experience with anything like this
it would be cheaper to rip it all out than fight the council
cheers

Sponsored Links
i do does this come under permitted development or do i need to apply for retrospective planning?
also has anyone had any similiar problems with planning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back