permitted development

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Can someone please advise me on the process of permitted development.. I seem to be going round in circles with various builders and architects who are not telling me plain English.

Background. Ambitions to build Single storey rear extension. 4.2 metres depth. How I understand PD rights have been extended to 6 metres for a semi detached.

How I understand it is as follows.

1. I contact council with all the relevant sizes.
2. They contact all neigbours asking if they have issues.
3. If there are no issues. The development can go ahead.

The issue we are having is that the extension is likely to fail on the 45 degree rule. My neigbour has a window quite close to the boundary wall. However he has a half house width extension so light is going into that room. Also my neighbour is pretty chilled out and I don't think that he will be overly fussed as I have told him our intentions and he seemed all OK. . My question is can the planning authority still block this application even if my neigbours do not object or have any issues? I have asked the archietect and he quoted the following. Which confused me further.!!!

The 45 degree issue may still be relevant, as per the document stating:

a. that as no objections were received from adjoining neighbours it has not been necessary to consider the impact on amenity, or

b. that following consideration, it has decided that the effect on the amenity of adjoining properties is acceptable.

Am I missing something?

Clarification would be greatly appreciated... VMT

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/permited-development-clarification.475113/#ixzz4VsARMzes

Sponsored Links
After buying your neighbours a big bottle of wine you just need to submit your application, which should include the bare minimum level of information and you can do yourself and see what happens. No poxy architect or internet forum will ever be able to second guess what the results will be.

No. If the neighbours don't object -and the scheme is otherwise compliant - then the LPA can do nothing; not even request additional information

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back