Persimmon Chief Exec £128m bonus

Sponsored Links
3 D copied houses will becoming the next big thing in house building , already built or building the equipment apparently ?? they were talking about it on the radio a few weeks back

and NO I do not have a link :)

Land with planning permission is worth more than land without planning permission. not a very great insight is it,I would have thought most people would have known that already.
I wasted my time reading your posts in the hope you were going reveal the great secret of your success so that I too could become rich, I think I will stick to watching the paint dry on the radiator I have just painted.

:):):)

Everybody wins . . . except the banks.

That figures. Taking greedy banks out of the equation is a great start.

Next, we need to take greedy builders out of the equation.

I live close to the old BAE site in Woodford, which has been sold off for development and is being built on in stages.

There is on the plans provision for affordable housing but the number of plots is tiny considering the total number is 900+. These affordable housing units would be shared equity with a HA.

There are limited numbers of properties available around the incredibly affordable (not) £450K and £650K marks, but many are up for £900K.

So much for affordable housing.

It's all about restricting the number of new builds (and affordable new builds even more so) to keep prices high.

Meanwhile the chances of young folk getting on the housing ladder are even more remote than ever.

What a con.

Sponsored Links
BTW, there's a big difference between greenfield and green belt.

We have to face facts: we need more affordable housing for youngsters to move into.

That figures. Taking greedy banks out of the equation is a great start.

Next, we need to take greedy builders out of the equation.

Everybody knows what is causing house prices to rise. Everybody knows what needs to be done to lower them back to a level where our young can hope to get on the property ladder.

Everybody seems to be in denial about this. It's like the elephant behind the curtains.

I'd like to see a return (yes, how it used to be done) to our councils owning & controlling the land bank, releasing plots to future home owners who then employ the services of a builder to build the house. Everybody wins . . . Except the banks. I wonder why we stopped doing it this way?

I'd like to see a return (yes, how it used to be done) to our councils owning & controlling the land bank, releasing plots to future home owners who then employ the services of a builder to build the house. Everybody wins . . . Except the banks. I wonder why we stopped doing it this way?

Aren't these the houses that now go for money that the average pleb cannot afford though?

It all started going wrong when some power-hungry madwoman decided to garner popularity by selling off council houses dirt cheap.

Trouble is, they weren't hers to sell off.

If you were an estate agent tied with a builder would you sell a plot of land to a one off home Builder or a Builder who is going to build flats and give you the 8 sales on the flats? And probably a brown envelope for bringing it to his attention
No brainer.

Did selling them increase the supply of homes?
Strictly speaking, if you sell some social housing, and that housing is then private, it does not change it one bit. It is the after effects, or lack of action on others' parts that affects it.

Would there have been more private homes built?
Should the social housing have been replaced?

Sponsored Links
Back