Persimmon Chief Exec £128m bonus

I have made my position clear. It's you who doesn't seem to understand what is market failure or even accept that HTB is state support / subsidy/ intervention because the housing market is not operating efficiently.
Wrong on counts 1 and 3, and count 2 is not relevant to my point.

OK then; in your opinion, if the market is not "failed", will everyone have the means and desire to buy their own property?

Sponsored Links
For someone who doesn't know what is market failure you sure are certain what it isn't. :mrgreen:

Maybe this slide will help - Prof from Cambridge may know a thing or two.

It doesnt take long for your stock intellectual superiority insults to appear. Your desperate need to constantly do so, shows a need to divert from the argument you are making.

Market failure in my understanding is this: In economics, market failure is a situation in which the allocation of goods and services is not efficient.

It doesnt take long for your stock intellectual superiority insults to appear. Your desperate need to constantly do so, shows a need to divert from the argument you are making.

Market failure in my understanding is this: In economics, market failure is a situation in which the allocation of goods and services is not efficient.

When I point out you are wrong on you play the victim card? The argument I made is clear. What may be stopping you from understanding it is something for you to deal with.

This will explain it as simple as possible both market failure, market failure in housing and responses to market failure in housing.

https://www.tutor2u.net/economics/reference/introduction-to-market-failure

https://www.tutor2u.net/economics/reference/uk-housing-market-the-housing-shortage

Wrong on counts 1 and 3, and count 2 is not relevant to my point.

OK then; in your opinion, if the market is not "failed", will everyone have the means and desire to buy their own property?

How much clearer do you need me to make it. Look at the response to Notch above.

Count 1 - I have made my position clear.

Count 2 - It's you who doesn't seem to understand what is market failure or even accept that HTB is state support / subsidy/ intervention

Count 3 - because the housing market is not operating efficiently.

So you are saying the housing market is operating efficiently then why the state support in HTB? lol

Your one big assumption that is wrong is that people will want to buy -people have a need for acceptable housing, which can be rented or purchased.

Did you even read this - the difference between need and demand? Its clear.

https://www.cchpr.landecon.cam.ac.uk/Downloads/MOPresentationKL230817.pdf

Sponsored Links
How much clearer do you need me to make it. Look at the response to Notch above.

Count 1 - I have made my position clear.

Count 2 - It's you who doesn't seem to understand what is market failure or even accept that HTB is state support / subsidy/ intervention

Count 3 - because the housing market is not operating efficiently.

So you are saying the housing market is operating efficiently then why the state support in HTB? lol

Your one big assumption that is wrong is that people will want to buy -people have a need for acceptable housing, which can be rented or purchased.

Did you even read this - the difference between need and demand? Its clear.

https://www.cchpr.landecon.cam.ac.uk/Downloads/MOPresentationKL230817.pdf

Just because you keep repeating statements and assertions, doesn't make them either true, or that they happened.

Count 1 - forget it; you've flitted about so much, i doubt you can ever be convinced what it originally was.

Count 2 - it was you who raised HTB, not me and, as it was irrelevant to my point, i have not addressed it (barring my pointing out that it was only introduced in 2013).
But, to shut you up about it from now on, I am happy to say that it is a form of state intervention, subsidy, whatever you want to call it. That is self-evident; see my post re: "help" to buy, not pay for the whole lot.

Count 3 - you still will not say what an efficient housing market will actually look like, in plain terms; you just keep posting "high-brow" pdfs and slideshows, as if to cover your lack of real-world understanding / commitment to an answer.

Jeez; you couldn't make it up! Oh - you just did.

I was simplifying it for the hiding you-in-the-ivory-tower-of-academia, who wont actually say what you think your efficient housing market would actually be.

Include "means to buy" and "means to rent", if you want; it doesn't change anything.

It doesnt take long for your stock intellectual superiority insults to appear.

That's been my precise point of view for a while now. He adds little, and once someone disagrees, the abuse comes.

Anyway, Waankalot is likely going on my New Year's Resolution list for blocking. His crap is getting tedious now.

Back