Persimmon Chief Exec £128m bonus

Sponsored Links
You'll be moaning about umbrella companies profiting from rainy days next, lawn mower companies benefiting from planning policies requiring gardens, and the connection between dentist profits and mint humbugs.

New tin hat for Christmas?

So straw man argument now.

Free markets but not when it hurts me.

Benefit scrounger. :mrgreen:

House shortages ??

tis the foreigners fault to a certain extent imho . :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

we cannnot house those already here let alone housing refugees etc

Bloke on the telley came over here from Romania with 5 kids & the local authority was obliged to house the bloke ? granted it was out of the area

did not bother him as he never had a job any way

There are more homes :whistle:

Who is the social housing intended for, and for how long are they expected to live in it?
Is social housing provision a solution, or a step towards some other goal / target / objective?

Market failure - an inefficient allocation of resources. Social housing is a response to market failure.

Sponsored Links
foreigners

How many foreigners do you think are resident in the UK?

How much has the population of the UK increased in the last ten years?

How many new homes have been built in the last ten years?

Are you aware that EU rules permit a country to expel a person after three months, who has come here but failed to find a job? Are you aware the UK chooses not to do it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42396938

Phil Waller, a retired construction manager with 35 years' experience, says standards are at the worst they have been for 20 years - describing the situation as "atrocious".

"How people walk away and give someone the keys to their home when there's a great big hole in the wall I don't understand," he says.

"No-one in the process is really checking that the quality is going to be there and that the houses comply with building regulations and warranty standards."

I've just been speaking to the bloke who owns the corner shop next to the site, and told him how he should be ashamed that we decided to build next to him and that his profits have increased by 50%. He just shrugged, sold me my copy of the Morning Star and told me to **** off.

There's only so much help to give.

Your statement that social housing is a response to market failure presumes that everyone can and will pay for their own dwelling.

HTB is just that: help. It isn't "pick up the whole tab".

If HTB means the buyer can afford a little bit more, and vendors simply increase their prices by that amount, the only winners are vendors and estate agents.

Who should the taxpayer be trying to help? Housebuilders? Estate Agents?

There's only so much help to give.

Your statement that social housing is a response to market failure presumes that everyone can and will pay for their own dwelling.

HTB is just that: help. It isn't "pick up the whole tab".

No it does not. You are looking at it from the demand side.

HTB distorts the market.

I've just been speaking to the bloke who owns the corner shop next to the site, and told him how he should be ashamed that we decided to build next to him and that his profits have increased by 50%. He just shrugged, sold me my copy of the Morning Star and told me to **** off.

Straw man anecdotes. You benefit scrounger. :ROFLMAO:

The level of hypocrisy.

Where would the billions come from then for all these jobs and services?

Bearing in mind we are already billions in debt

No it does not. You are looking at it from the demand side.

HTB distorts the market.

And has only been in operation since April 2013.
Was the market fine before then?

And, you have previously presumed that everyone will have the means and desire to buy; I say that everyone does not.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back