Persimmon's style consevatory/glassroom/extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I saw some showhomes in Colchester at the weekend and noticed that Persimmons do a cros between a conservatory and extension.

This is normally part of the kitchen/diner at the back of the house.

It's given me the idea of building something similar. I'll post some pics when i get the chance, but basically imagine most of the back wall at the kitchen being set back a metre or so, having conservatory style floor-to-ceiling windows and french doors. The side walls are brick and block. The twist is that the 'roof' is like a lean-to but made with thick glass panels at a steeper angle.

Not sure if my description explains it well but it looks like it would be something that can be achieved relatively easily.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has a rough idea of the cost/work involved in such a project and if there would be any possible problems.

(PS - I'm looking at approx 6'x12' sized lean-to)

cheers

Robin

Sponsored Links
Those things are built to conform with building regs, hence over half is brick/block walling, if thinking of opening your house up in to the conservatory you would need to comply too.

Cost would be simlar to a traditional built extension some where between £1,000- 1,500.00 a square metre. 2x4m 8x (x) = £8,000-12,000.00 IMHO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back