persisitent weed

M

m_ginty

Hi, I have a small brick wall I share with a neighbour which I have a couple of questions about.
1) I need to repoint the wall but there seems to be a sort of bramble growing within the wall. I've peered over the wall and it doesn't seem to be rooted in his garden although I've not yet spoken about it.
I've tried spraying weedkiller on it but it keeps coming back so I don't want to repoint until I get rid of this weed. Any tips anyone?
2) I was going to ask about repointing although a quick search sees this answered elsewhere.
much obliged

Sponsored Links
m_ginty said:
Hi, I have a small brick wall I share with a neighbour which I have a couple of questions about.
1) I need to repoint the wall but there seems to be a sort of bramble growing within the wall. I've peered over the wall and it doesn't seem to be rooted in his garden

You may not see any shoots from your neighbours side as the root is probably behind the wall., but has sent shoots through it, rather than straight up. Bugger to remove in that case. You will probably have to speak to your neighbour to see if its ok to dig down to find the root.

They're difficult enough to dig out if you can see the root :evil:

ok thanks nstreet will try and tackle it this weekend....weather permitting
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back