Weeds on drive

I've got a similar set up with the soil very close to the surface. In the good old days of sodium chlorate weedkiller it was easy but now I get down and pull the weeds out. Boring but doesn't take long. I was thinking of trying a weed burner

Sponsored Links
Whilst you may find burning them more fun, weedkiller would ll be much more effective

I want a weedkiller that leaves the soil unable to support weed growth for a few months. Can you still get one? Maybe I'll try the rock salt

Pathclear.

It leaves a chemical film on the surface that prevents seeds germinating.

If you disturb the surface by pulling, raking or hoeing, you break up this film. You also bring new seeds to the surface and provide ideal conditions for new weeds to grow, which is why your previous regime suffered excessive regrowth.

Longshanks' neighbour does not keep disturbing the surface so it is hostile to seed growth.

Sponsored Links
Aside from pathclear there is no other residual weedkiller suitable. There are a few professional use ones but they are being thinned out too.

The less soil and the cleaner the gravel is the less weeds you will get. As john says if you do use a residual then keep the surface undisturbed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back