Petrol lawn mower. Tilt whichway to drain oil?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found the small bolt to unscrew to release oil. But if i unscrew it as is positioned in picture then the oil will
dribble down wrench or spanner. Searches online differ and suggest tip backwards or sideways. Anyone see what i should do?

Attachments

• lawnmower.jpg
    lawnmower.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
Towards you so the filler is at the lowest point
edit: yes the oil

Attachments

• E9089BD0-68F5-4781-B9F2-F6F41D53D276.jpeg
    E9089BD0-68F5-4781-B9F2-F6F41D53D276.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
"filler neck" are you saying tilt it and drain it out of where you pour in the oil. The manual says unscrew the bold underneath but doesnt show how to tilt.

The problems come when you intend to leave the oil in......for deck cleaning or whatever and in this case tip the machine back on its handles.
For oil changing, just remove the filler and tip the oil out of it......you may get the odd fuel leak though.
John

Thanks all.
Sealing the petrol filler is good idea. I think i tilted it once and it leaked and thats why i am hesitant to tilt it again.

Tiz done. Kept on those bins. Unscrewed bolt slightly with socket then with hand.
Drained nice and tilted about 4 inches high towards filler as suggested and more came out. Maybe would have done same thing backwards. Anyway is done. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back