Petrol leak on a vectra b estate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone has any knowledge of this problem id be hugely appreciative.

A few weeks ago my Father noticed petrol on his driveway where I had been parked and told me to investigate the problem, I took it into a garage and he got it on the ramps and could not find anything wrong.

You can definately smell petrol when you get out of the car now and its really getting to me.

I was on my driveway one dry day last week, yes we do have dry days sometime :D Anyway I noticed fuel or something located from the rear passenger side of the car.

I took it into a seperate garage told him exactly what I had found and nothing, said he had it on the ramps with engine on and off. He said there is a fuel filter or something located there but even though it was rusted it was not leaking and said if it was broken it would leak/spray all the time due to it being under pressure.

I dont know what to do, change the fuel filter or go to vaux and get robbed, Please help :confused:

Sponsored Links
Change the filter anyway - if its rusty then its overdue. At the same time, inspect the condition of the flexible pipes going to it.....the leak won't be far away!
John :)

Hi, this is just a stab in the dark but is the filler cap on the same side as the leak (rear passenger side), if so check to see if the rubber connecting pipe from the filler to the neck of the tank is secure or perished. If this is the case it needs to be replaced because fuel in the tank will slosh around and leak from there or will leak during filling, as this side is not pressurised nothing would show when the engine is running and the car is still. Good luck....Al.

Sponsored Links
Back