PETROL PRICES RISE AGAIN AND WHERE ARE THE FARMERS?

AdamW said:
I read some table on the net somewhere that had the energy content of various fuels. Diesel has more energy per litre than petrol, but heating fuel had about 10% more again than diesel!

So, if you run your car on heating oil, presumably you could increase the oxygen in the mixture and get more power out of the engine and still get the same mpg.

Adam too technical mate---stick to screwing the VAT man :D

Sponsored Links
I think you will find that the Farmers were moning about other things not fuel duty etc. It was the Road Haulage Association and it's members that did the last protest..

And if you bothered to take notice of the Politics of today, you would know that you now need a license to gather as a group of more than 10 people if you intend to protest about anything, if you do, and you don't have a license, you get arrested and charged with a public order offence..

So I hope all those that voted Labour are proud. We have not right to protest anymore.

FWL_Engineer said:
I think you will find that the Farmers were moning about other things not fuel duty etc. It was the Road Haulage Association and it's members that did the last protest..

And if you bothered to take notice of the Politics of today, you would know that you now need a license to gather as a group of more than 10 people if you intend to protest about anything, if you do, and you don't have a license, you get arrested and charged with a public order offence..

So I hope all those that voted Labour are proud. We have not right to protest anymore.

What if they are all in groups of 10???

Ok so how far apart must each group be to be defined as a singular entity? ... What if they all carry slightly different banners maintain arms length between groups?
Like many labour Laws easily written down, probably not worth sh it when the test comes ... That is how they work ... all media bites but no swallowing !
If Bin Liner isn't dead, then I'll bet he lives in North London, on the King Cole using 50 or 60 different names ... Who would notice ?

Don't you just know what is gonna happen - road charging replaces fuel tax- Leaving oil companies to push their prices through the roof and HMG stands back in amazement, as the revenue doubles....
A little reality check ..........
Oz$2-20 = GB£1-00 So LPG at A$0.50 = 22.7 pence per Litre
Unleaded say A$1-10 = GB£0.50 ... ooo Rooo !
Used to be whinging Poms .. just stupid now..
QueenslandFuel.jpg

:eek: :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Not only is petrol cheaper in Oz, but they've also remembered to make diesel noticably more expensive...

"Why is that important?" you say.

Well, with diesel costing more, less people will make the switch. So, fewer people will decide to grow beards, and the govt will earn more revenue on razor tax. :idea:

It's logic! :LOL:

OI !!!!! my vans diesel and i aint got a beard---- gets all matted when i put my lippy on :LOL: :LOL:

FWL_Engineer said:

Top post FWL.

About time people stood up and questioned what these people are doing in our name. Deliberately and illegally murdering people in some some kind of charade democratic reform in other countries. Whilst restricting our freedoms here! the whole thing is a sham, they need bringing to book for it and the sooner the better.

I also hope all our labour voters are happy with what we have, that said, they(like us) have little choice really, because all our leaders seem to be pi**ing in the same pot.

Freddie said:
OI !!!!! my vans diesel and i aint got a beard---- gets all matted when i put my lippy on :LOL: :LOL:

I'll send you a PM to tell you what brand of lipstick I use to prevent my beard getting clagged up :eek: :LOL:

Just kidding, I've only ever worn lipstick twice in my life:

1) black lipstick when attending a Halloween party,
2) red lipstick when I passed out drunk in a room full of girls... :LOL:

AdamW said:
Not only is petrol cheaper in Oz, but they've also remembered to make diesel noticably more expensive...

"Why is that important?" you say.

Well, with diesel costing more, less people will make the switch. So, fewer people will decide to grow beards, and the govt will earn more revenue on razor tax. :idea:

It's logic! :LOL:

But look at the LPG ! My friend runs several V8's dual fuelers .. no wonder he considers fuel cost as negligable !
I ask again, where is all our dosh going? 20M okkers 10M working, pretty miniscule fuel tax revenue ... They still have a pretty good lifestyle.
:eek:

The government love it when the crude oil price is up as they make mega-buck and can afford to give us a rebate on petrol/diesel, greedy or what?

FWL_Engineer said:

FWL would you be so kind to quote correctly who brought in this law.
It was the Tories under Maggie Thatcher who wanted to stop large union pickets.

I just got this as a chain e-mail, but it might just work...

>See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr.
>
>Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:
>
>This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
>
>BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.
>
>The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!
>
>And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:
>
>For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices,the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.
>
>It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of
>
>people!! I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!
>
>If those three million get excited and pass this on toten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people.
>
>That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE
>
>It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

Anyone ?

An amount of selective desert glazing would have done the trick, dust to dust job !
:cool: :cool:

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.
Guess what, where do you think Shell, Asda, Sainsburys, Morissons, Jet, Tesco, Texaco & Esso buy their petrol from?

Sponsored Links
Back