Peugeot 206 mirror fallen off

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Got a 2003 pug, the internal mirror just came off. The plastic shell has a metal rectangular pad inside that looks like it should be glued to the screen, I expect I can Araldite it back. However the metal part seems to be snapped into the plastic moulding. Is there a way I can prise it out to glue the metal back on? Or is it permanently fixed so I have to prop the whole shell up while it sets?

BTW the plastic ball joint is very stiff, I have silicone spray, PTFE spray or WD40. Any preference?

Sponsored Links
About the best lubricant for moving plastic bits, sticking plastic curtain rails and draw runners, seems to be furniture polish but don't actually spray it onto windscreen.

The adhesive pads didn't work for me a few years ago, but the adhesive from Halfords specifically for rear view mirrors did. I masked around the area, glued the whole mirror in place and stuck it with tape to hold the weight overnight.

Sponsored Links
I use the Loctite 319 pad - but cleanliness is vital.....often they come with an alcohol wiping pad. Carefully warming the screen with a hair dryer helps too.
John :)

Ford sell pads the same size as Halfords but for a lot less, and they don't "bounce" like the Halfords ones seem to. Just say you've got a Mk3 Fiesta.

I think we're talking 1/3 of the price.

EDIT: 40p in 2006 (last time I bought one). FINIS code 1568648.

Last edited:
Thanks all

What a pleasure to hear from sensible and informed people.

this thing came up with your code
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-doub...584343?hash=item43dd6af9d7:g:ztIAAOxy8e9SVTs9

it is not shown on
http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/search.php?keywords=1568648

I suppose I have to clean the old adhesive off with blade and spirit.

BTW, my mirror housing looks like this, the huge black plastic shell is to hide the rain sensor
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-2...911024?hash=item419e8cf0b0:g:EOYAAOxy4fVTBeFr

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
JohnD - is there a branch of Autoglass or similar near you? They'll have what you need for sure.

not that I know of. Are those the people who repair/replace windscreens? I have seen a van working in the supermarket car park sometimes, doing scratches and chips.

Autoglass are the people that replace car windscreens, either at their depot or your home - they carry all they'll need for every job.
I'll bet there is a branch not too far away!
The Chipsaway people wont carry what you need.

As a bit of an aside, and talking about Autoglass, I busted the screen on the Passat by banging my head on the mirror while working on the dash. The mirror didn't pull off or anything, but it put a crack straight down the screen!

By hell, that's impressive! I can't say I can equal that :eek:
One of my crazy happenings was with a courtesy car though.....I had it parked up well away, but my Stihl saw picked up a stone and hurled it though the drivers window. Rotten luck, but thankfully the paintwork was ok.

Autoglass are the people that replace car windscreens, either at their depot or your home - they carry all they'll need for every job.
I'll bet there is a branch not too far away!
Might have a job finding a branch near anywhere, didn't they close all to branches and now only work out of vans?

Sponsored Links
Back