Peugeot 207 - erroneous warning messages

D

dm999

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this please -

Car - Peugeot 207
Year - 2006 (56)

The warning panel intermittently warns of 'faulty lights' that are not faulty at all. It happens at start up, when taking a sharp left or whenever it decides to!

At MOT last month the garage had a look but couldn't find what the cause was and recommended we take it to the main agent. I don't want to fork out for diagnostics and possibly a large bill for replacement parts and labour so I was wondering if -

1) There is something dead obvious I can do to remedy this myself.

or

2) Can I turn the warning panel off and if so how? If so will I lose the clock, date etc and will the radio still work?

The warnings are very frequent and accompanied by annoying beeping so any help would be appreciated!

Cheers, DM.

Sponsored Links
Long shot but how about a loose element in one of the bulbs making and breaking with the bumps/corners, have come across this before.

It's got to be worth a go, I'll have a look at the weekend. Thanks.

Long overdue reply - the problem was a dodgy earth on the rear nearside light. Easy enough to remedy but it still needed the main dealer to reset the computer thingy to stop the messages once fixed tho...

Sponsored Links
hey my dads car has the exact same fault he has rust on the bulb holder but all bulbs work has had a diagnostic code reader to see if any faults come up but that was clear to any ideas how to clear the fault

These are very prone to earthing problems in the light clusters.....assuming you have no towbar, try switching the indicators on, one side at a time, and have someone pressing the brake pedal. If the brightness of the bulbs change even slightly as the indicators flash, then it is an earth issue.
John :)

Back