Emission control warning light control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya I wonder iif anyone can help

I have got a Peugeot 307 1.4 model 2006. The emission warning light has just come with an error messages 'anti pollution faulty'.

Could anyone advise me what could be at fault and if there is any easy way to fix this problems. Ads fussy
Fa

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Two possibilities spring to mind......the first is the diesel particulate filter (DPF) is starting to clog (normally cleared by a long hard blast along the motorway) or the Eloys fluid tank needs replenishing. This solution is slowly injected into the fuel system to help keep the emissions clean.
John :)

It usually relates to a fault on the particulate filter system in the exhaust. first thing to do is take the car for a good motorway blast at 70 mph for at least 20 mins, this enables the system to do its regeneration thing and burn off the particles.
If this does not work then your going to have to get the fault codes read to point you in the right direction, it could be that the eolys fluid used in this system has a low level and needs replenishing.
Cars with these systems fitted do not like constant short journeys.

Thanks for both your advice at least you seem to point me in the right direction I take it I can replace (top up) the fluid myself

Sponsored Links
No usually main dealer needed to reset after filling, but check with your local garage, they may be able to do it for you.

Back