Peugeot 3008 hybrid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently £20,000 new, via orangewheels. (all the bitz).

Is that good and/or is the car inherently c rap ?

Experience of the Peugeot 3008 diesel (non-hybrid) - Pretty damn good - cockpit, flip up sat nav, headup display 'nall that stuff... Any info ?

-0-

Sponsored Links
I cant comment on the hybrid vehicle, but the depreciation is always one to watch on top of the range / unusual French cars......would that be an issue for you?
John :)

As you probably know Toyota Prius is the leader of the Full Hybrid pack.

Good points electric car around town, Diesel on the motorway, and if they catch on will hold their value well.
Bad points, they haven't caught on yet, are heavier than the standard model and a replacement hybrid battery will be expensive. Smaller garages do not like working on them because of the High Voltage and risk of electric shock, so main dealer only? All adding to the low resale value, how have you found Peugeot build quality in the past?

So its a good price, get extended warranty and compare it with all the other Full Hybrids on the market before you commit.

Prius gains with 'plug in' and probably through using petrol with diesel clouds looming, but a Prius taxi we hired was strapped on luggage space.

4wd config' looked promising for the Peugeot Hybrid... pop up satnav and head up display are interesting.

Never actually owned Peugeot - But have sometimes admired their styling.
Experience with the conventional 3008 was good - family reported on 5k miles Euro hire 'No problems' and a good drive...
£20k top of range via Orangewheels versus £30k for Prius... Big difference.

Hmmm.

-0-

Sponsored Links
To be honest I'm not a Toyota fan, so in my opinion anything would be better. To many recalls for my liking and its never their fault. The Prius has brothers and sisters that are Diesel/Electric full hybrids. All stand alone and don't need to be plugged into the mains for charging. Most of the major manufacturers have something to offer in the electric/hybrid search.

Just be careful and go for build quality over gimmicky stuff, that will only give trouble, if not bolted together correctly. Did you look at the Audi mild hybrids with stop/start?

Yes, 10K is a big difference ....................

Don't know about the reliability of Toyota but they do seem to have a better than average customer service. A friend on mine has and ordinary petrol car and they changed the engine on it because the oil consumption was excessive and he didn't know there was anything wrong with it!

Peter

Think we'll likely stick with Nissan, the diesel Quashqai (crossover) looking more like the biz now. Sports a load of gizmos which are costly extras on many vehicles... Mind you, more to go wrong.

Did glance at Audi, but like others the bits cost more and the quattro versions loom large in the desirability factor £££.

This will end up being a spontaneous thing - can feel it !!

Remain impressed by the non hybrid Peugeot 3008 being driven up a ski slope !! http://youtu.be/RyDRrHtZNx8 I'm sure the M&S tyres made a big contribution to the GRIP control.

-0-