Peugeot 306 OVerheating Problems

Thanks a lot. There is one bleed point on top of radiator,is that one fine? Is it just take it off and keep filling with coolant? Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Hi I replaced radiator,bought brand new one and bleed cooling system. Was driveing for 2days was good,heater in side of my car was working,and now again same thing. Overheating and heater is not working????? What I need to do?

Sponsored Links
As John says, Place e recepticle under the end of the overflow pipe and see if water is being expelled, if so I'm afraid you probably need a new head gasket. The leakage is building up pressure in the cooling system and blowing the coolant out.

Peter

I was losing coolant a litlle bit. So definitely is head gusket? Is that big job to do?

I think that will be the likely outcome, but you should ask a garage to do a 'sniff' test first. This analyses the gases above the water in the expansion bottle. If products of combustion are detected, then its head off time.
Its not a bad job really - it depends on your experience - but it involves timing belt removal and such things like exhaust disconnection.
If you do go down this route, its vital for the head face to be checked for flatness, and to have it skimmed if necessary. New gaskets are needed all round, and new head bolts.
John :)

Hi ive got a peugeot 306 1.4 petrol and im having some problems with it over heating. ive had a new radiator fitted (old one was leaking) and i decided to have the head gasket and timing belt done at the same time as the milage was just over 100,000 miles. the car came back and worked mint for a few months then drastecly started over heating again to the point the warning light on dash keeps comming on saying STOP. I drilled a hole in the thermostat to prevent this on a tempory basis but it failed to work. Any ideas??? my theaory is the water pump just wondered if there is anything else to try before or aswell?

Many Thanks

Hi I fixed my 306 Gti,lucky it wasn't head gusket. It was heater core. It's located under dashboard,it took me around 10 hours to replace it. Now everything seems to be fine. Was driveing car last 3-4 days,hasnt been loosing coolant. So I hope that was it. Hope will help some one. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Back