Peugeot car radio speakers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My "T" reg 106 just bought has a medium quality after sales radio/CD player.

The speakers are Alpine SXE-1325S 13 cm and 200w peak and 35w rms.

I always thought that peak was 1.414 times the RMS but with speakers it seems to be a poetic licence to quote any figure you like.

The speakers are scraping the coil on the magnet.

Does anyone know if these are the original supplied with the car? They have two 4 mm spade connecters which mate with a plug on the wiring harness.

If not then any suggestions for a suitable replacement? They have a small tweeter in the middle. But a seperate tweeter on the dash will be better so thats not an essential..

Sponsored Links
I think Peugeots of this age were factory fitted with Clarion equipment, and fairly basic stuff at that.....the rest is guesswork for me.
4mm spade connectors are fairly universal speaker wise.
John :)

I did a bit of internet searching last night and found these speakers get a pretty good rating for performance and value for money.

For that size and price ( about £28 ) they seem to be the best buy.

It was also nopte that if water can get into the back the rear section comes detached and thats p[robably what has happened to mine.

I think that I will try to buy some more.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If the coils are scraping on the magnets it would suggest that either they have been grossly overlaoded at some time or DC current has been passed through them by someone getting the connections wrong or a fault on the radio.

Peter

Back