Peugeot Partner warning light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have the above van 16 plate with 18,000 on the clock. The service spanner has come on showing - 50 miles as it's due a service but recently a amber triangle with a exclamation mark in it has appeared on the dashboard. I have spoke to a neighbour who say it could be the diesel particle filter blocking up as I only do small runs around locally.He suggested giving a long run to re set the filter . any one any idea's or suggestions as i dont want to cause any damage.In the handbook it just says ' major fault 'if it remains on like mine does.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Take it on the motorway for about half an hour and hopefully that will do the trick and clear the filter.

Is there any other message on the dash?
If the lamp is on constantly its supposed to indicate a major fault but its likely to be the EGR valve......most Peugeots of that age have a picture of a silencer for DPF issues but I bet that varies too!
John :)

Sponsored Links
When you take the van in for service, the garage will scan the van to give them an idea of what is wrong and advise on what to do next.
It doesnt have to be a main dealer who does this, most garages will have adequate scanning tools.
John :)

Back