Peugoet Expert Timming Belt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 2006 Expert 1-9D has 60,000 miles --Do I need to change timming belt.
Should I also change water pump ----what all needs changed when doing this job as I feel it would silly not to change everything in one swoop.

Sponsored Links
The timing belt interval for these is 80k for normal use, and 48k when used in 'arduous' conditions....this means frequent start ups as in taxi use, etc.
This belt does not have a particularly hard route, but the roller guide should be renewed, along with the tensioner - these parts come as a kit although they are available seperately.
As for the water pump - thats up to you really.....definitely if there is any sign of water residue or any play on the shaft.
John :)

Thanks guys for your help! Perhaps someone may know if you can adjust the clutch cable on my expert "or have I been riding motorbikes to long" it's a wee bit hard to get into first gear sometimes and the clutch pedal seems to vibrate under my foot when driving. I'm pretty easy on the clutch but I've only had the van a year so perhaps it's due to be replaced.

Sponsored Links
Look for the operating fork that disengages the clutch, on the top of the gearbox. If there are two nuts on the end of the cable, then it is adjustable.
Slacken the two nuts, and back them of just enough so there is free play on the clutch fork when you pull it forwards.
Sorry, can't be more specific than that.....I run a Berlingo van with the same engine - but I haven't looked at the clutch cable yet!
John :)

Thanks Burnerman,I'm sure my clutch is hydraulic so I don't think it's ajustable. I beleive you can get an air lock in the system,the clutch peddle vibrates under my foot and seem to decome light like there is no clutch.

Ask yourself: If I fit a new timing belt, will my water pump do another 80,000 miles ? Answer: NO !! Timing belt suppliers recommend changing ALL the pulleys that come into contact with the timing belt. Here in the real world, it's usually the tensioner and idler pulleys that we change.........along with the water pump. Regarding your clutch, I would suggest that the release bearing is on it's way out if you're getting a vibration through the pedal, and difficulty in selecting gears. Time to get the gearbox out I'm afraid.

Thanks Jetex, yes your right about the timming belt- change everything!
I went to a peugeot dealer last week and changed the clutch great job done in one day £420 drives great. This week I booked in for new timming belt kit evrything will be changed £370 I thought I'd go all out and get the professionals to do this work.

These guys do it RIGHT plus you get a years warranty/reciept plus tea/coffee and a lift back home. Later the same day you go back and pick up your pug smiles all round. I'm sick of backstreet mechanics who keep your van for a week and quite often "not always" the job is not done right.

I run/own a small cleaning business so my expert van must be reliable so I think it's only fare to GET THE MONEY out on the table and do it RIGHT!

Thanks to everyone on the forum for your advice. Mike!

Sponsored Links
Back