Peugot 206 - squealing brakes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a second hand Peugot 206 from a reputable dealer - The brakes squeal like made. He has told me to take it on a long drive as they have checked everything is ok - no difference, after one month of ownership and lots of miles they still squeal when braking

Has anyone any suggestions

Sponsored Links
normally a sign of either binding or needing a quick clean with a air line.

to tell if binding try depressing the peddle a little (not so it slows the car) to see if the noise gos away.

Cleaning because as you are using the brakes, dust particles gets trapped in and around that area.

yvonner said:
I bought a second hand Peugot 206 from a reputable dealer............................................................................................................................................................................................................
Has anyone any suggestions

lol, reputable dealer, that's a good one. Get shirty and have the plonker sort it out, possiby only needs a touch of copper grease. As for the long drive advice, presumably he meant a one way trip?

Sponsored Links
Take off front wheels,remove pads,spray brake cleaner around area of caliper etc and refit pads with light smearing of copper grease.(on rear of pad)
At rear remove rear wheels and rear drums,(check the wheel cylinders are not leaking brake fluid contaminating the shoes)spray with brake cleaner, chamfer the shoes and refit drums wheels.hopefully this should cure the squeals.Easy peasy! :D

Back