What should I do with my old 849cc car?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

What should I do with my old Daihatsu Cuore+ 1998 849cc car? It's been off the road for about 2.5 years and I'm not sure whether to scrap it or try selling it for minimal spares/repair.

I bought it second hand about 3.5 years ago, for £700. It's done I think 131,000 or 113,000 miles. The engine is probably in pretty good shape, I had no problems with it when it was driving, although an electric window motor has stopped working.

It's 5 door, dark blue, and actually a really cute car. I actually miss it alot.

I'll be getting a peugeot 206 soon so this will just have to go.

Your suggestions would be much appreciated, as I haven't had to dispose of a car before.

I'm based in Southampton, England.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance!

Sponsored Links
I would keep it, if you are about to buy a Peugeot, then you are going to need it. ;)

Isn't the scappage scheme still going? Get £1000 off a new car? for scrapping an unwanted car? Gotta be taxed and Mot'd though.

Sponsored Links
The Government scrappage scheme has finished. With an unusual car like that, E-bay might be a good idea or try the Owners Club as they might have it for spares.

The Government scrappage scheme has finished. With an unusual car like that, E-bay might be a good idea or try the Owners Club as they might have it for spares.

That's not an unusual car, just a bad one. I thought the government had extended the scheme?

Back