Pfizer secret Covid contracts - only UK has allowed secrecy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So why is it we have allowed Pfizer to profiteer in a pandemic and allowed them to call the shots?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-contracts-as-company-accused-of-profiteering

‘Wall of secrecy’ in Pfizer contracts as company accused of profiteering
US company faces scrutiny over Covid profits after UK agrees to secrecy clause

Rizvi said the UK needed to explain why it had agreed to secret arbitration proceedings. He said: “It’s the only high-income country we have seen that has agreed to this provision. It allows pharmaceutical companies to bypass domestic legal processes.

“The UK government has allowed the drug firms to call the shots. How did we end up in a situation where a handful of drug firms were able to exert so much control over the most powerful governments in the world? It points to a broken system.”

Sponsored Links
Reading more about the way this Government has managed this and why it needs to be in secrecy - it's what I would expect from third world dictatorships and corrupt countries.

Corruptistan it is. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
“The UK government has allowed the drug firms to call the shots. How did we end up in a situation where a handful of drug firms were able to exert so much control over the most powerful governments in the world? It points to a broken system.”

One can sympathise with those who posit that covid is a scheme devised to shovel public money into the hands of billionaire drug manufacturers and other similarly venal big businesses.

Who did you vote for?
You missed the point. Maybe I should have worded it differently. You and millions like you empowered them.
Swallowing all their fake news and hysteria just like they wanted you to.
It could have been any government , the outcome is dependent on your compliance.

You missed the point. Maybe I should have worded it differently. You and millions like you empowered them.
Swallowing all their fake news and hysteria just like they wanted you to.
It could have been any government , the outcome is dependent on your compliance.

Again did you vote for this Government. Your non answer means you did.

Did you vote for Brexit?

The irony at being upset at people being duped by fake news and hysteria.

my non answer means it’s not relevant. Labour would have done the same thing.

So you did vote for them. It's fine.

Would have done the contracts in secret?

This is your conceit and shows your hypocrisy. You rail against the Government you voted in.

Sponsored Links
Back