Philps Whirpool Washer Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had one of these for 14 years so it's done quite well anyway. Don't ahve the model number handy right now...

Suddenly although the wash cycles are fine, when i switch to dryer the heat is still there, but it appears to be letting water in on the drying cycle so the clothes are hot but wet, and cetainly wetter than when the spin cycle has finished.

Any suggestions?

thanks

OG

Sponsored Links
Washer/Dryers do bring in a trickle of water during the dry cycle but with you saying the clothes seem wetter after the dry cycle firstly check the inlet valve coil for the dryer side isnt o/c if thats ok and its draining normally then it may be that the drain pump is failing o/c when hot due to it running longer on the dry cycle than the wash cycle

Washer/Dryers do bring in a trickle of water during the dry cycle but with you saying the clothes seem wetter after the dry cycle firstly check the inlet valve coil for the dryer side isnt o/c if thats ok and its draining normally then it may be that the drain pump is failing o/c when hot due to it running longer on the dry cycle than the wash cycle

Just got round to looking at this....Model by the way is AWG995

I've had the pump off and its fine.

When i turn off the cold water feed it's fine......when i turn back on, i get lots of water coming out of the waste with the dryer on...probably a mug full every time the pump runs.

On the cold water inlet valve there are two coils ...(?)
One is live (240v) during the dry cycle and the other isn't. When i open the door, the live coil goes to 0v,

Is this functioning correctly?

Can someone expalin the reason for two coils (or is it two valves?)

If it is meant to be live during the dry cycle, then is it that the valve needs replacing?

thanks

OG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back