phone numbers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bank prints on its statements

contact tel 08457 404 404
From Overseas tel 44 1226 261 010

The from overseas number is a local call if i call from home (doncaster to barnsley). Do you think they'd mind awfully? And what are the chances its actually answered by someone in Barnsley? :LOL:

"ay up cocka, HSBC, Tracy speaking, arr can I 'elp thee?"

Surely they know people are going to call the 01226 number. Why bother renting an 0845 number?

Sponsored Links
hsbc also have a call centre in Hemel Hempstead.

Mrs Breezer worked there for 8 days, gave it up, have to put your hand up if you want to go to the toilet

not everone is aware that you can convert an international number into a national number

but hey thats why say no to 0870. is great

Sponsored Links
The 0845 number would be cheaper for someone calling from outside the local (01226) number from a landline.

eggplant said:
The 0845 number would be cheaper for someone calling from outside the local (01226) number from a landline.

so many people now have call packages that give free local and national numbers but dont include these "unhelpfull "0845 nos :D ;)

True, and of course they charge the earth if calling from a moby. The above link is handy indeed.

ricicle
he is showing off his mam an dad have just opened his own account ...

breezer

what a bladder your peggy sue has... 8 days .....bet she was busting ..lol :)

Moz said:
breezer

what a bladder your peggy sue has... 8 days .....bet she was busting ..lol :)

she couldn't hold her hand up coz she had them clamped tight between her legs!!

breezer said:
....Mrs Breezer worked there for 8 days, gave it up, have to put your hand up if you want to go to the toilet

:eek: :eek: .I suppose it stops the dribbling ;) :LOL: :oops:

Never mind the phone numbers, my banks (2) print my account numbers, sort codes etc on my usual statements and my full 16 digit number on my master card statement. Very open to abuse until I started shredding them!

Moz said:
bolo
hsbc stopped doing that thank god ....
oh? the card number is printed on my CC statement. Similarly, all the identifyers of my current account are printed on my bank statement too.

Sponsored Links