Photo and question for a turf expert please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last week I posted a question about how to get rid of a pesky weed. Click here for details.

In the previous post I mentioned that I had removed the weeded area and laid four rolls of new turf. However, the new turf is not doing very well, I've been watering it every evening after the sun has gone off, but it's getting worse not better. A section of it is shown in the photo below.

View media item 48661
I have also watered in some liquid lawn fertilizer two days ago.

So hopefully someone can advise me where I am going wrong before it dies completely.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
I have been watering it every day, so I'll check it daily and if it's still quite damp leave it off.

Did you tamp the turf down so that the roots are in contact with the soil, without any gaps/air pockets? I wonder if the roots arent taking?

Sponsored Links
Yes I tamped it down to get it level with the existing turf, but because of the unlevel ground, perhaps I tamped it too much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back