Photopea is basically Photoshop for free

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Some of you may know about this but thought it worth mentioning...

PhotoPea is an online Photo and image manipulation software that you run from your browser. You don't need to install anything.

Much cheaper than having to buy Photoshop. I use it all the time to edit my photos.

So far I've been able to do most of the things I did in Photoshop and it will open Photoshop files too.

Sponsored Links
Gimp, Rawtherapee, Hugin, Picturenaut, Faststone and freebees from magazines like Photomatrix can do many things better than Photoshop, you can't buy Photoshop any more, not since CS6, you pay a monthly subscription, it has two advantages, one it does it all without needing to swap programs, and two all the clubs and magazines tell you how to use it.

If you like all the features of Photoshop but for free then PhotoPea is good at that.

Hi everyone,

Some of you may know about this but thought it worth mentioning...

PhotoPea is an online Photo and image manipulation software that you run from your browser. You don't need to install anything.

Much cheaper than having to buy Photoshop. I use it all the time to edit my photos.

So far I've been able to do most of the things I did in Photoshop and it will open Photoshop files too.
Theres also another photoshop like app for free called GIMP. You should check it out

Sponsored Links
Theres also another photoshop like app for free called GIMP. You should check it out

I tried GIMP years ago. I found it very glitchy, but to be fair, no one else had experienced the problems that I had. So I guess it was my laptop config that caused the problems.

Isn't GIMP more like Adobe Fireworks or Illustrator than Photoshop?

I've used it a few times and one thing I've noticed is that the quality of the exports is nowhere near as good as the real Photoshop.

Back