Pic of the week.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Might start off a pic of the week thing, feel free to add your own :)

7f04a2d8.jpg

That's one of the inlet valves on a Vauxhall Corsa CDTI 1.3, clogged up with carbon deposits courtesy of the EGR valve! The valve ports were full too!! This was causing the valves to stick which made it difficult to start, spent all yesterday scrubbing and scraping it all off!! Reassemble it today.

:eek:

Also due to very small valves and large spring compressor I had to manufacture my own spring tool :)

e1e83218.jpg

Sponsored Links
Very close to the Ford CVH valve tool, that one :p
Those valves are ridiculous. Thats what happens when you burn exhaust gases twice! Who knows how many more there are like that.
John :)

Those valves are ridiculous. Thats what happens when you burn exhaust gases twice! Who knows how many more there are like that.

Is this a common problem on all turbo cars then?

Sponsored Links

Never used one, just googled it and yeah it is isn't it :D

They are bad, the head ports were just as bad and this car had also had to have an inlet manifold too!

solarsecurity said:
Is this a common problem on all turbo cars then?

Its common on alot of modern diesels and directly injected petrol engines! Its not a trait of turbo cars, its caused by the Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve sending carbon particles back through the inlet manifold, the carbon deposits collect in the ports and the valves.

Its common on alot of modern diesels and directly injected petrol engines! Its not a trait of turbo cars, its caused by the Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve sending carbon particles back through the inlet manifold, the carbon deposits collect in the ports and the valves.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what most new car companies do to help reduce emissioins isn't it?

Makes more sense when I think about it.

Sponsored Links
Back