Picture break-up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since retuning we seem to have problems with the Freeview TV picture freezing momentarily - the sound continues OK. Is this a general problem or is it my system? I have three TVs connected to a single aerial in the loft (we are in a strong signal area) and all sets gave a satisfactory output before the recent changeover. Any suggestions to overcome this problem will be welcome.

Sponsored Links
This could be down to having too stronger signal,
before the pre DSO the signal on most transmitters where lower that post DSO you could try fitting an variable attenuator

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p86843

that could be fitted in the tv lead to see if this solve the problem if so you could then move this to the loft before splitting the signal for all 3 TVs

could I just also mention to check you get a couple of F connecters supplied for that particualr attenuator.
If you want to you could additionally get a male and female coax connectors too. that way you can make a test lead to connect between the lead coming in the room and one of the tellys to test out the attenuator before fitting it properly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back