Piggy backing tvLink F120 / 140 - is this possible

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is it possible to piggy back two tvLink F series distribution amps?

I currently have coax going from my Sky box RF2 out into the loft to a tvLink F140, which in turn distributes the tv signal / sky to two televisions in bedrooms.

I now have another tv downstairs which I would like to feed in the same manner, however what I was proposing to do is instead of running another cable from the F140 in the loft, I was going to add a F120 behind the Sky box with the RF2 going into this F120. Then one of the outputs goes up to the loft to feed the F140 and the second output goes to the new television (other side of the wall)?

I have just had an aerial installer guy around who said that will not work as you cannot piggy back tvLink amps. Can anyone confirm this? I have been told that the magic eye will not work on the upstairs tv's if these are piggy backed?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have to admit that I am curious about the 9v power getting through two powered amps myself. It's not something I've ever tried simply because (IMO) daisy-chaining two powered amps is bad form in the average simple domestic install.

Personally I'd install a decent quality metal-bodied two-way splitter on the RF2 out. The Sky box delivers enough signal power to drive a reasonable length of good coax (WF100) without too much issue, so the downstairs TV should be fine unless it's an exceptionally long way away. A passive splitter with 9v pass will allow the Sky eyes to work in the rest of the system and it will do a better job of preserving the Signal Quality which is far more important than boosting Strength which is all the powered splitters do anyway. Here's a page with a couple of DC-pass splitters http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page15a.htm#ysplit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back