pilkinton glass garentees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had new windows fitted in december 09 and one is now cracked from one corner across one the small operner , the guy who fitted them said that he will replce it at cost as there no garentee ? Then said that pilkington glass is only garenteed for 2/3 years on misting wich dosent sound right to me . its only the new frames with a 10year warrenty, now i am wondering if the right glass has been fitted how can i tell?

Sponsored Links
Cracking of ether the internal or external glass panes for no apparent reason can happen on double glazed units & is usually caused by thermal shock due to high temperature difference between the internal & external glass panes, mainly on north South facing windows. Such failures are not usually covered under warranty which will only cover manufacturing defects or poor installation (& that can be difficult to prove). Your warranty will come via the double glazing & frame unit manufacturer/installer, &/or one of the 3rd party insurance schemes, not Pilkington; they only make the glass as far as I know. The warranty your offered will vary depending on the DG/frame manufacturer & is something you should check as the time of purchase.

Your buildings insurance will usually cover glass breakage (but only if it occurs under accidental damage) & a claim will be subject to whatever policy excess you have. A new glazed unit for a small opener will cost very little & fitting take just minutes.

What makes you think the wrong glass has been fitted?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back