Pilot light out - won't relight. Help aprreciated

If replacing the TC then you might as well remove the burner and clean it out properly and particularly the mesh filter on the air intake. The pilot should also be taken apart and cleaned at the same time.

Rarely done on many peoples service.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I thought this would always be done :eek: mesh filter/ air filter is one of the most important things to keep clean :eek: Everything is stripped down on my service, and once re-assembled burner and pilot assembly blown through with compressor ;)

gas4you said:
I thought this would always be done :eek: mesh filter/ air filter is one of the most important things to keep clean :eek: Everything is stripped down on my service, and once re-assembled burner and pilot assembly blown through with compressor ;)

Can you come and sort mine out then. ;) :LOL:

Hi thanks everyone for the advice, i have had it fixed and it was the thermo thing, only £50 too, so should last me a bit longer now thanks again. :)

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:

Dave, I'm intrigued by your compressor. :?: Got visions of you towing a gert big road-diggy-uppy-typy-thingy behind the van. :LOL:

What type/size/make do you use?

:LOL:

Machine Mart specials :rolleyes:

My small one for servicing etc is an airmaster tiger 6/7 turbo:cool:, whilst my slightly bigger one that I use to air test all my new ch installations before filling up is a Clarke Ranger 30.

Both were only around the £100 + VAT price, equivalent to 10 cans of air duster :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back