Pilot Light won't relight

Reactfast, who advertise on this web site on the right of your postings, have engineers all over the country and could have come Saturday or will come today, Sunday, if you just give them a call now. Estelle is waiting for your call.

They may not be the cheapest but they are available!

I wonder just how many firms you called. If you dont bother to ever get your boiler serviced then I suspect you may not really want to pay for a competent CORGi engineer to come to fix it.

Its not very cold here in London yet, about 8°C outside at the moment gusting to about 35 mph! 21°C inside though!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have been playing with a few of these lately and own one myself.

It is worth the investment to buy a new pilot injector, pilot top socket, spring and a thermocouple while the thing is in bits. Trying to repair these parts is often futile.

God, why aren't we all in bed?

I had a Thormn Olympic in bits about 8 hours ago! Not the pilot this time but have been in there. (What a horrible timer!)

With Slug on this it's often better to get a new set of bits. Sometimes (generally) it's the gas valve just not letting enough gas through the pilot though, they seem to get blocked up internally. I have one to strip apart to diagnose...

Sponsored Links
Yeah but there's not much moon tonight, you have to party while you can.

You up cataloging your blue and white??

Agile said:
I wonder just how many firms you called. If you dont bother to ever get your boiler serviced then I suspect you may not really want to pay for a competent CORGi engineer to come to fix it.

Tony

Called mostly local firms in the Thomson Local and in the local rag (advertiser). I will check out that React Fast website, thanks. I will pay, aslong as they fix it ;)

Thanks for all the other suggestions too, but taking the boiler apart, when I haven't the foggiest clue about what is what, and what goes where, sounds something best left alone.

Best regards,

diying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back