Pilot Light won't relight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Yesterday we had very high winds in the land of blighty, and the Pilot Light was blown out on my Thorn Olympic 20/35B Hot Water Boiler. Try as I may, but despite following the instructions to relight the Pilot Light, to the letter - It refuses too relight. Anybody know what may be the problem, as I am left with no heating, and no hot water? Cold snap coming up. :eek:

Also if it's relatively simple, but something a professional registered engineer could do. How much would he charge me? I don't want to be taken for a ride, and have to pay for a whole new Central Heating System. You know what some cowboys are like.

Sponsored Links
diying said:
You know what some cowboys are like.
Yeah verily, truly you know the way to solicit helpful replies on this forum.

Sponsored Links
CorgiIOW said:
Never , is the answer , i take it diying!
If only you'd given him that 27th minute then he'd have had time to reply. :rolleyes:

could be one of a number of things pilot injector blocked/incorrect spark gap/faulty fan/faulty pressure switch.you need a corgi mate

donametchi said:
could be one of a number of things pilot injector blocked/incorrect spark gap/faulty fan/faulty pressure switch.you need a corgi mate
You need a grammar lesson, but that's not going to happen either.

I know, for some reason , my connection failed,,,,,,,,,,,, should have had it serviced :LOL:

Dave.

mr softus seams to be well clued up on ponys.has he got a cheap source for divertor valves as every problem he tries to resolve he,s got a divertor valve just for you!!!!watch out for our mate softus(spurs & co) our fully trained via the 3 day plumbing program COWBOY.spell check used.

I will own up and admit I've never had my boiler serviced, but she still keeps me warm in bed, and when she stops doing that, I'll get myself a newer model.

The thing is, all the companies I tried today, were very busy, and the earlist timeslot I could pin down, was to call on Monday morning, and see if he could fit me in later that day.

Oh well.... the timing could not be better for the Gas Central Heating to breakdown, as we (UK) starts to enter the coldest snap of the winter so far in the next few days.

I can't get to the Pilot Light, as it's all encased in a steel case. I can only look through the round window, to view it. Takes me back.

I will own up and admit I've never had my boiler serviced, but she still keeps me warm in bed, and when she stops doing that, I'll get myself a newer model.

As said , you have had years of trouble free motoring with this boiler,, and you will not pay a "GOOD" Corgi guy, ( Who should know what he / she is doing ) to sort the problem out .......... :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back