Pilot Light Problems

Back again

One more visit, still no pilot light staying on. Engineer checked out system and could not identify any root cause, so cleaned boiler and of course no difference.

Left hand side of the boiler much hotter than right (as you look at it mounted on wall) Have not got temp measurements from Engineer as I was not present when he visited. I left messages for him to take temp and flow checks but I got no figures just a seems OK.

Previously a third thermostat was mentioned which is yet to be replaced. Is this likely cause?

Sorry for being vague but seems can't get an engineer who knows their stuff. Any recommendation for a company in Washington (Tyne & Wear) area who will do a true diagnostic.

After 7 visits 8 changed parts and no resolution the funs beginning to wear off 1

Sponsored Links
Previously a third thermostat was mentioned which is yet to be replaced. Is this likely cause?

banghead.gif
eusa_wall.gif

heeeelllllooooo.gif

The Overheat/Limit thermostat's function is to turn the pilot off. Test it or replace it!

Also check the combustion insulation on those, if its falling to bits heat escapes and trips the overheat. I do however agree, the overheat does sound likely. if they trip once after not tripping for 10years they rarely reset themselves properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back