Pin Codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Like most folk, I have several bank and credit cards with different Pin Numbers. Recently I got muddled as to which code applied to which card, and as a result (after three wrong attempts) my credit card was blocked.
I didn't really know what to do about it, but I asked around and was advised to phone the number on the back of the card. There were two numbers, one was linked to an automated system which didn't offer the option of dealing with blocked cards. The other number connected me to a helpful lady who arranged to post me a reminder. I then had to find a card machine that offered Pin Services (not all of them do), where I was able to unblock my card.
Obviously you wouldn't write your Pin Number on the card, but some disguised form of reminder seems a good idea. That's what I've done so that I don't get into a potentially awkward situation again.

Sponsored Links
Mosr cards have the facility to change the PIN at an ATM. I have changed all mine to one PIN so there is only one to remember

Sponsored Links
You could always create a name on your phone and save the pin there, then you have to remember the name, and to keep your phone safe...

Nick

Mines easy to remember its 0000, occasionally for security reasons i'll swap the numbers around a bit.

Sponsored Links
Back