Pine table - thread gone on one of the legs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As it says in the title, the thread has gone on one of my table legs (it doesn't screw in anymore) - is there anything I can do to rectify this?

Thanks in advance. :(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hitachimad said:
Something like a new one of these work?

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp;jsessionid=0AZ0QABZEGCXACSTHZOSFFQ?ts=47333&id=11850
In whatever thread size it needs to be...

i suspect that may be exactly what he is having problems with hitch :D ;)

assuming there are 2 per bracket and its only one thats loose
doing it properly drill out with a 12mm drill wittle down a bit off wood to be a good fit and sticking out about 5mm glue in assuming its at the corner off a leg cut a flat face drill out a pilot hole the size off the shank inside the thread [probably a5mm for a 8mm ]being carefull not to come out the other side and being carefull to go exactly diagonal

then remove the excess plug to leave the corner plush

to screw the dowel in you will need 2 nuts "locked" on the end
to "lock"on twist on 2 nuts just on the threaded end take 2 spaners and tighten them against each other then wind in using the outer nut

you could always fill the hole with wood glue push in 4 matchsticks and wind in the bolt making shure the matches stay equaly spaced around the edge :rolleyes: and when that fails ;)

clear as mud eeehh :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back