pine timber floor boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This made sound daft, feel free to tell me so

I want to remove my laminate flooring and lay ordinary planed edge pine timber boards (not sure what particular type of pine - its the stuff in Keyline, Wicks etc) on top of the boards beneath - I think they are some sort of chipboard, they have a blue/turquoise paint or lacquer)

1. Is that type of pine suitable for flooring, i know its very soft but will it keep it shape etc or do i need proper treated flooring pine of some sort?

2. Do i need to put something between the new pine boards and the boards beneath?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any advice

Sponsored Links
what you are refering to is a primery[main] floor
the usual is rip up the whole floor and relay with pine boards

incidently buy them from a wood yard/timber merchants and you will get better quality and room length timbers [around 5.4m] with a join half as often as the shed timber

re read your post and it sounds like your talking laminated pine rather than solid pine if i understand correctly!!!

Thanks for answering Big-all,

i was meaning plain solid pine timber as found in timber yards, not treated, laminated or T&G etc just the regular stuff joiners use.

The blue chipboard I was referring to the primary floor but as i live in a leasehold flat within a newly built block of flats i'm not allowed to take up the primary floor and wouldn't want to get that involved anyway, i just like the appearance of pine timber and wanted to nail that on top.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back