To glue down a pine floor or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a "floor expert" to come in this week and lay my 21mm prefinished T&G pine floor (from B&Q) onto a standard chipboard floor. His idea is to glue the pine boards to the chipboard floor, as well as nail, and glue the joints. Not sure I like this idea, it would be impossible to lift the floor without cutting out the chipboard subfloor (if I had to get to pipes underneath).

I did ask questions before about laying this type of floor, the replies were nailing was the way to go, no mention of glueing to the subfloor (floating floor not possible due to size of room).

Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Colin

Sponsored Links
Better still to remove the old chipboards then nail the T&G onto the joists.

This will give you the same floor level as before and give you a chance to put in extra pipe or wiring underneath the flooring.

I know they do chipboard nails type for this but I don't like them as it would do more damaged to the groove of the T&G unless the hole are pre-drill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back