ping test

Reaction score
Country
United States
is there a way of telling when you send an email...that it is actually being sent when it says it is?....besides the obvious of getting a reply? :confused:

Sponsored Links
You don't say what e-mail program you are using, however, in Outlook 2003 you can do this:

Tools
Options
Email options
Tracking options

Then you can select "For all messages I send, request:
Read receipt
Delivery receipt

Not quite sure how the title of this post fits in but anyway.
Im not sure what you mean, if its sent then its sent, if theres a problem sending it then you will usually get an automatic reply from postmaster/admin or whoever saying there was a problem sending it.
What is your exact issue here?

Sponsored Links
ok....here's the issue.
I have cable. at one time...approx 2 wks ago, lightning (assuming) traveled along the cable and struck the cable modem and killed it.....and seriously damaged the vonage router. this is a secret apparently...cable company not talking about it. Actually cable company is saying nothing is 'wrong' with the cable...everything is fine. however, the modem was replaced and the vonage router was replaced (the computer had no issue at the time...i didnt think) Since I got the replacement modem, I have had to 'reset' it approx 10 to 20 times per day (not joking)....mr cable says...hey we see you have cable...not our prob. THEN i find out the ethernet port on computer (mac) is nonfunctioning. Not to be outdone....i go out and buy a wireless router. Now before it is said...i know if im not getting a good signal (which i left out...mr cable now admits i have an intermittent problem with the signal and will be out later to 'fix' it .....we'll see.....uh where was i.....oh...if signal is weak, the wireless router will be affected. and it is. i can not use msn messenger...i keep being signed off...but i can post here and you all see it...so it is reality or it is a symptom of my insomnia....however, when i 'send' email....i have to assume that it is really sending....just thought i would ask.

Maxxy said:
why dont you just carbon copy it to yourself?

Then if yoiu receive it in your inbox, you know it sent to the other person aswell.

Maxxy said:
Maxxy said:
why dont you just carbon copy it to yourself?

Then if yoiu receive it in your inbox, you know it sent to the other person aswell.

uh thanks Maxxy.....yeah i was right. I am all alone
:cry: :oops:

THEN i find out the ethernet port on computer (mac) is nonfunctioning.
a mac isnt an ethernet port!
I think you mean your network card wasnt working, however if that were the case then how were you able to connect?
If your cable provider has an issue and you keep having to reboot the modem, then how is replacing your router with a wireless one going to solve anything?
As for mail, if it sends then it sends !Msn messenger is a pain for staying connected if you have the slightest drop it will sign out - again should be fixed when your cable people fix your connection. If your cable "tech support" is anything like the excuse for human beings that a lot of ISP's over here have, then good luck !

i never claimed to be a geek....but i can do some geeky things.
The port on the Mac (where the ethernet plug goes) is not working....it is to be fixed later.
I got the wireless router because this port (on the mac) was not working. I tried a usb connection....but it wasnt reliable (but it did work somewhat)
So....I have cable modem connected to wireless router by way of an ethernet cable and vonage box is connected to wireless router and they are all sitting here together (well vonage is on the floor as to not to interfere) I have whats call an airport card on the mac (MAC OS X) which appears to be working just fine....well except the signal from the cable is 'iffy'
this way i dont have to have any plugs to the computer. but since i hooked it up....and it works...i dont trust it. thats why i asked. :LOL: :rolleyes: ;)

as far as the topic title...ping test....wasnt sure what to call it...i was trying to send.....and receive something back...thot that's what you called it...apparently not...ooops :oops: :LOL:

gcol said:
You don't say what e-mail program you are using, however, in Outlook 2003 you can do this:

Tools
Options
Email options
Tracking options

Then you can select "For all messages I send, request:
Read receipt
Delivery receipt

I thought that only works if the recipient email server is an M$ Exchange one, email is not guaranteed delivery.

Sponsored Links
Back