pipe appears to be coming out of plastic (polyplumb) elbow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently had some pipework installed, which appears to be polypipe. On part of the installation the pipe appears to have moved within on of the elbow joints (believe this is polyplumb). When initially installed the mark on the pipe was by the exit of the elbow, however I have noticed that this mark has moved by 5 - 6mm out of the elbow, which I would assume leaves an inch or so still within the elbow. This appears to have occurred after the combi boiler (pipework is on the CH system) was drained and subsequently repressured after further modifications to other pipework.

I have not attempted to move the pipe back in the elbow (dont want to give the installer any excuse for invalidating any work), but have contacted the installer who said this is not an issue.

Water leaks scare me (have been bitten in the past and hence why I have kept an eye on the fixings) so would like a second (third, forth :) ) opinion. Is this normal behaviour or could there be a fault with the elbow joint (o ring or gripper).

Before this pipework is boxed in and has the ability to cause major damage I would like to know if this should be replaced.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If the pipe has definitely moved out from the elbow, I'd be most unhappy, personally......although I have no problem with plastic pipe per se I don't like the elbows and tees - and especially the taps - which is why I tend to use brass compression fittings with copper olives....but thats just me.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back