PIPE BURST UNDER FLOORBOARDS IN DOWNSTAIRS HALL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI...MY MAINS WATER PIPE BURST UNDER MY FLOORBOARDS ...ABOUT 4INS OF WATER..I REPAIRED THE LEAK ...NO DAMAGE AS SUCH WAS CAUSED AND THE WATER EVAPORATED OVER NIGHT....IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD DO OR WILL IT JUST DRY OUT NATUARALLY OVER TIME....THANKS FOR ANY HELP...ADAM

Sponsored Links
sorry about shouting...lol....no the electric are fine....so it should just dry out in time.....just theres a bit of a musty smell now...should I do anything to help it dry out....thanks

Sponsored Links
4" of water doesn't evaporate over-night. It must have soaked into the earth. Unless you get this reasonably dry, the mushrooms will start to grow.

One thing you could do is to install an extraction fan in one of the wall vents and run the fan night and day until the ground has dried out. Make sure it's extracting so creating a partial vacuum in the underfloor space; otherwise you'll create a partial pressure which will drive the musty smell into the house.

hi...thanks....is there a fan I can buy to do this...if so what is it could...how can I find one on ebay etc...thanks for your help...Adam

probably the best one to look for on flea bay is a 12 volt one with transformer - safer that way . Might pay to change airbricks for plastic ones - they give more airflow

A major aspect is to keep the underfloor space open to the air.

Just because the water has soaked into the ground does not mean that it has gone.

There will be gallons of water soaked into the ground making it damp for weeks.

So you need weeks of drying!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back