Pipe fittings to flexi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy and apologies for the incessant threads, I have a very basic question.

- basin taken out and new floor underneath
- flexi hose from taps now won’t reach the pipes below because slightly higher (5mm)

I can:

A buy new flexi hose and fit

B Could I buy a simple coupler to raise the pipe to the hose? If so, I am struggling to find the type.
I have a threaded valve to come off (see picture) and a flexi hose to attach to.

im a bit confused with fittings. The flexi hose looks like it has a female coupler and the pipe has a male. Most of what I’ve seen are “compression fittings” and I thought that’s for coming off bare pipe.

Any guidance on that, or an easiest way.

An additional 4cm would do it easy.

or shall I just buy longer leads?

thanks

Attachments

• AE1B86E2-0C09-4ADA-82AB-31C2F710C7E2.png
    AE1B86E2-0C09-4ADA-82AB-31C2F710C7E2.png
    607.5 KB · Views: 209
Sponsored Links
I’m no expert but as flexi hoses are prone to aging/splitting/leaking, I'd change them for longer ones or better still, all copper.

Remove existing iso valves, replace with 15mm comp coupler, put short length of copper into other end of coupler, then put iso valves onto piece of copper. Job done, 5 mins tops.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.

well this job every possible thing has gone wrong.

the hot and cold feeds are on just fine but now the basin waste is leaking. It’s not the nut either, it’s up by the washer and putty.

so now I need a new basin waste. I have a push/pull lever one and screw fix don’t sell that it’s just sprung.

I can’t find the plug thing either but it’s here somewhere.

I presume you need to start again with basin waste leaks.

this is really starting to do my head in!

My plumber fitted a new on without taking the sink off. No idea how that’s possible....I can’t get any tool I have in there and can’t see it either.

I pour water down it and I can feel drops coming from the putty.

After I got the hose on fine with no leaks and now this happens. I’m fuming.

Assuming the bottom of the pedestal hasn't been tiled in etc, then it is usually possible to undo screws holding basin to wall, cut silicone around sides of basin then gently lift front of basin using the top silicone seal as a "hinge", you can usually get enough lift to pull the pedestal back to allow you to access waste fitting. Just pull the ped back, twist it to one side, then let the basin rest on it.

Get yourself a new sprung waste (beware they aren't all exactly the same length) and basin seal kit, fit them, and the trap, then put ped back in and reconnect waste pipe to trap.

Thanks guys.

in the end I got a new washer, plumbers tape and screwed on tight and smothered it with plumbers putty - belt and braces!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back