Pipe identification and magnaclean placement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've an old Potterton Kingfisher boiler with a pumped open-vented (I think) system. I was going to install a Magnaclean as I know the CH isn't the cleanest from radiator removal during decorating. I'm not 100% sure on the function of all the pipework:

9ovrL3P.jpg

sAH84vj.jpg

1&2: This is obviously the shower pump outlets.
3: Connects from the motorised valve to the tank heating coil for DHW.
4: Must go to the CH circuit.
5: Boiler output to pump.
6: I think this might be a vent going to the cold tank.
7: I think this might be an inlet from the header tank.
8: HW tank feed coming from CW tank and entering bottom-right.
9: Shower feed coming from CW tank to the pump.
10: Tank heating coil outlet - but it splits into two immediately after exit. I think one might go to a towel rail in the bathroom and the other back to the boiler.
11: I think this is DHW from the tank to the shower pump, taps - and I assume it goes up to vent.
12&13: I suppose these are mains feeds to the expansion and CW tanks; I don't know why there are three.

The boiler is in a fitted unit in the kitchen; it's very snug and I have no way of fitting anything there. The floor is tiled so I can't fit one under a hatch in the floor before the CH return.

Choices are:

1) Put a magnaclean on the boiler output before the pump.
2) Leave it alone until I can access the floor around the boiler.
3) Something I haven't thought of because I don't know what I'm doing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back