Pipe Knocking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just replaced a dishwasher with one of the same make, AEG; same plumbing, but this one causes a knocking noise through the cold water pipe. Old one was fine. I've tried turning down the feed valve but this has had little or no effect. Any ideas?

Knocking noise occurs when the dishwasher closes the valve; it's fine while the water is flowing.

Sponsored Links
yes this can happen sometimes. however i sure that it is a plumbing problem rather than your dishwasher. you've already tried the only advice i would have given. if you know a plumber ask him/her or of corse you could post your problem in the plumbing forum.

Mains water pressure prob too high...get a pressure reducing valve...c.£15.00 and a shock arrestor ..c.£10.00 from your local PTS. plus a few fittings+ jointing compound..........should come out under£60.oo

Sponsored Links
Nige F said:
Mains water pressure prob too high...get a pressure reducing valve...c.£15.00 and a shock arrestor ..c.£10.00 from your local PTS. plus a few fittings+ jointing compound..........should come out under£60.oo

Thanks very much for the information, I'll give it a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back