pipe lagging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've lagged the central heating flow and return pipes within the first floor joist space with 25mm foam pipe insulation, and used aluminium foil tape to wrap it near completely. As I'm in the process of putting up new ceilings, I'm also putting 100mm acoustic mineral wool up before boarding with Soundbloc P/B.. Am I right in thinking there shouldn't be a significant condensation risk (onto the aluminium foil tape)? It's an old 50s house, joists are ~170-175mm deep. The house has cavity wall insulation, before this there might have been some cross ventilation in the joist area due to the lets say somewhat gappy brickwork between the joists at either end. I'm being careful not to block this with insulation, but don't expect it has much effect anyway if the walls are cavity filled.

cheers,

Tom

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back