lagging / insulating multiple pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I have a series of copper pipes (water supply + radiators) that are running quite close to each other.... close enough so that I can't quite put pipe lagging around them. So I am using foil backed insulation wrap for these pipes instead. I would like to wrap all the pipes together (not individually) but am not sure this is best thing to do.

However, my concern is condensation - the pipes are obviously carrying a mix of hot and cold water and I am worried that I will have a condesation issue from the cold pipes.... Is this a major problem? Should I wrap the cold pipes separately?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I'd keep them seperate.
More likely get your cold pipes getting hot when heating on.

thank you for your reply... I check what the pipes were for... there are a total of 6 pipes, 3 flows to radiators and 3 returns from raditators.... so no cold water supply as such.... I persume this would be fine?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back