Ch pipe lagging. Wrap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
Looking to put some insulation over the 22mm main flow and return to my combi boiler in the floor void. I have lagged all the 15mm pipe runs with 13mm wall poly pipe insulation but i cannot get the same type of insulation to go over the main run.

The problem is the pipes are seated next to each other (flow & return) in the same notched out joists and also the are not seated very deep below floorboard height, So if i use 22mm pipe insularion it puts pressure on the chipboard flooring.

My question is, is there anything else i can use? I have seen some reflective foil wrap that i would be able to get around both pipes individually but not sure if that type is any good?

Thermawrap spiral wrap

Thermal conductivity 0.0047 w/mk
Thermal resistance 0.790w/mk

Anyone used this stuff in tight spaces?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Just a report back. Bought the wrap. Covered the flow and return individually, then wrapped them both together with another layer. Cabled tied it up.

Well worth it. Can hold my hands on the pipes now. Just warm to the touch. Before it would of took my skin off! Gotta be saving some heat in the long run.

Floor going back down now so hopefully no hot spots on the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back