Pipe Locations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I wanted some help regarding some pipes ive had moved.

The plumber has routed a gas pipe and water pipe next to each other which doesnt seem correct as I have read there should be a 35mm distance between.

Also my stop tap is about 1.5 metres from where the supply enters the building. The reason for this is because I have inserted a front door in that position and ideally I wouldn’t want a stop tap and pipe running up from the door frame, into the ceiling and back down to where the water meter is. I was wondering is there a maximum distance you can have a stop tap installed from the main supply coming into the building? What if I were to, in the unlikely event damage a pipe before the stop tap?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Apologies folks I missed off a 0. Anyhoo I will be moving the gas pipe 350mm from the water pipe, probably outside the house, under contrete at a depth of 1 inch and then entering through the cavity. Dies anyone know if there is a set requirement regarding the stop valve? Also is the a requirement on how deep the water pipe needs to be once it has entered the building as this is in very shallow screed at the moment?

There is a set requirement on who moves the gas pipe.

Gas safe engineer moved the pipes for me, however it seems that it hasnt been done correctly. That's why i'm looking for advice so that, when i instruct another engineer, I can make sure things have been done correctly before handing over cash for the second time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back