Pipe size for 50m run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to run water to the end of my garden and the run is around 50 meters. I have a spare feed 15mm copper feed capped off on the back of my house waiting for this connection. I am obviously going to buy MDPE water pipe but am not sure a) what diameter pipe I should go for and b) how to connect the MDPE pipe to the 15mm copper outlet. Down the end of the garden I can add a wall plate elbow and attach a tap to it but not sure what's best from the house.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Before we can give you a good answer we know what flow rate you have at the supply end and what you expect at the remote end.

Mains water pipes need to be burried a minimum of 750mm down and insulated where they come up!

20 mm will probably be a reasonable size but possibly a smaller one would do.

Tony

Hi Tony, trench is dug at 750mm will well insulate where it comes above this height out the ground and will put insulated boxing round the outlets to make sure nothing freezes. Think i'm going to go for 20mm mdpe even though it's only needed for a hose but best to be safe ;)

b) Philmac 1321; 20mm by 15mm connector:
metimp-x-copper-joiner.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back