pipe stat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i was wondering does anyone know which way is best to wire a pipe stat to a stanley solid fuel stove,stanley recommend that you fit it on the flow.here,s my problem,i have the stat on the flow and its wired so as when the pipe reaches 60 degrees the pump comes on,however whenever the pipe cools it doesn,t turn off the pump.the stat has 3 connections on it, number 1 is common,2 is outlet opens the circuit with increasing temp,3 is outlet closes with increasing temp.i have my live from my spur switch going into common and then my pump live is connected to number 2,terminal 3 is not used. does anyone know if that is wired right and if it is why is the pump not turning off

Sponsored Links
You've got the Woodwarm installation details, it was on a link on a post from your last thread. That's got the wiring details of a High/Low pipe thermostats.
HTH

Terminal 3 is mor (make on rise) So you've wired it wrong.
But as said refer to the woodwarm diagram for Hi/Lo pipe stats or instruct someone to wire it correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back